April was a great month for content on the PLUS Blog, taking us in strong for the D&O Symposium, as well as the Cyber Symposium and the Healthcare & MedPL Symposium.
Applications for the PLUS LAMP Program opened up on April 1. LAMP is a leadership development training program for PLUS members from diverse and traditionally under-represented groups within the professional liability insurance industry. The deadline is May 28th, and we’re looking forward to welcoming in our new LAMP Cohort!
Written content for April:
- Quantifying Economic Losses from Cyber Events—Ephraim Stulberg and Yvonne Kitkarska detail the costs of a cyber-attack, and how these costs differ from common property policy losses.
- Vishing: An Old Scam with a New Twist—Mark Bassingthwaighte explains the dangers of “vishing,” a phone scam that uses voice messages to attempt to convince a callee into giving up personal information.
- Checklist for Becoming Cyber Secure—Mark Bassingthwaighte provides a checklist for companies to be more aware of their cyber security.
- Why Technology is about to Revolutionize the Specialty Commercial Insurance Market—Jonathan Sherling writes on the impact, or lack thereof, of software on commercial insurers through the lens of other industries.
- Ransomware in 2021: Three Trends Cyber Insurers are Seeing Now—Lauren Winchester writes about cyber security trends underwriters should look for in 2021.
Podcasts in April:
- Deal with Me: Transaction Insurance Leaders Chat with Matt and Dan, featuring Will Hemsley—Daniel Auslander and Matthew T. Simpson return for the second episode of their podcast series, this time joined by Will Hemsley.
- COVID EPLI Update: Vaccine and Return to Work Implications for EPLI Insurers and Policyholders—Elan Kandel, Tanner Hackett, Michelle Gordon, Jaime LaPlante, and Tom Sheridan come together for a discussion on workplace changes and return to work issues surrounding COVID-19.
- Let’s Talk Professional Liability with Robbie Thompson—PLUS CEO Robbie Thompson chats with professional liability thought leaders about business line trends, market conditions and what it takes to be successful in the industry. This podcast is only available on the PLUS Connect App.
- Life After Gamestop: The Phenomenon, Experiences and Industry Reactions—Lucy Macdonald moderates a discussion with Laurence Fletcher, Simon Johnston, and James Wickes on the impact of the recent Gamestop phenomenon on the hedge fund industry, professional liability insurance policies, and underwriting claims and considerations issues already arising.
Next month will feature another episode of Rob Yellen and Kevin LaCroix’s podcast on the New Administration and D&O Risks, more interviews with Robbie and various thought-leaders in his Let’s Talk Professional Liability podcast, and more written articles from various insurance professionals from across the industry.
If you have an idea that you think would make a great blog post, podcast, or webinar, we’d love to hear it! You can fill out the PLUS Content Idea form and we’ll get in touch with you about which content channel would be best.
A hearty thank you to all our authors and speakers! We’re looking forward to more great content next month.