This April and May, our blog contributors have been very busy creating valuable content for our members. Take a look what new podcasts and articles we have released so far in Quarter 2, and what’s yet to come. Click on each title below to view the blog post.
- Challenges (and Solutions) for Independent Allied Health Practitioners — Author, Mark Fintel, CEO and Founder of ProAlly discusses the liabilities of an Allied Health practitioner.
- Ask the Leader: Bill Fair — Ask the Leaders is a one-of-a-kind series geared towards helping young professionals grow into leaders within the professional lines community. This episode features Bill Fair, the Chief Underwriting Officer at Berkley Select.
- The Betterley Report’s Intellectual Property and Media Liability Insurance Market Survey—2023 — Gain an understanding of intellectual property insurance so that you can provide guidance to your clients on very substantial and often overlooked uninsured risks they may face in this area. Similarly, learn the ins and outs of media liability coverage and its need for your clients – even if they aren’t traditional media companies!
- Lawyers Professional Liability Claims Trends — With so many new concerns in lawyers professional liability (LPL) claim trends it is important for anyone working within this market to stay in the know. Berkley Select recently hosted a session with Al Roberts, Vice President of Underwriting, Jeff Yao, Chief Claims Officer, and Matt Henderson, Partner at Hinshaw & Culbertson, LLP answering questions about trends they are seeing in claims in the LPL space.
- Employment Practices Liability: Trends in Coverage, Claims, and Risk Management — In this blog post, Venecia Snaith provides valuable insights into current Employment Practices and Liability Insurance trends, including claims, coverage, and risk management approaches, while taking a closer look at EPL claims factors and how to reduce exposure to claims in the EPL market.
- A Day in the Life Series: Lori O’Brien — In this edition of A Day In The Life, we look to uncover details about the daily responsibilities of Senior Counsel. Lori O’Brien from Munich Re has generously provided us with insight to enlighten our audience with her experience. In this edition we will discuss Lori’s background, the skills that ensure success as a senior counsel and the biggest misconception about this position.
- Managing Cybersecurity Threats in 2023 Episode 2 — This podcast addresses the state of the cyber response to these attacks as well as the U.S. government’s National Cyber Security Strategy and the FBI’s recently announced heightened proactive strategy to disrupt ransomware threat actors.
- Demystifying NFTs Episode 3 — Alice Budge, Jennifer Stivrins and Vito Marzano welcome guest contributor, Meredith Challender, of Kissel Straton & Wilmer, to the podcast. The group discusses the legal landscape in the U.S. surrounding NFTs and their intersection with securities and commodities regulation (or lack thereof), anti-money laundering laws and sanctions issues.
- The Employment Law Counselor hosted by Jeff Stewart Episode 2 — In this episode, Wage Claims Are On The Rise, But Are They Covered?, Jeff Stewart is joined by partner Ryan Warden to discuss the recent explosion in wage and hour claims over the past few years. Jeff and Ryan cover common issues, including minimum wage violations, unpaid overtime claims and wage and hour class actions.
We have some excellent content queued up for the remainder of June, and we’re looking forward to sharing it with our members. Look for more episodes from your favorite current podcast series, more commentary on current market trends, and other new content that is always exclusive to PLUS.
PLUS also has some upcoming webinars that you won’t want to miss. Read more about each of them and register below.
Challenges, Risks, and Trends in Construction-Related Professional Liability Insurance
Wednesday, June 21st 11:00 am CT
This webinar will provide an overview of the construction-related professional liability insurance trends as well as insights into the state of the marketplace and the conditions likely to impact this highly specialized field. Anticipated claims activity, the possible increased scrutiny on specific claims areas, and the potential availability of new coverages will also be discussed. Attendees will gain a better understanding of the current industry challenges, strategies designed to overcome these challenges, and ways to mitigate risks that could potentially impair an insured’s bottom line. Intended audience: This content was developed for those with construction related clients such as general/trade contractors, design-builders, construction managers, owners, developers, architects & engineers, and property managers.
Social Inflation: Just Another Excuse For Rate Increases Or A Genuine Threat To Profitability?
Tuesday, June 27th 4:00 pm BST / 11:00 am ET / 10:00 am CT
Whilst not new as a concept, social inflation is often used as justification for rate increases in renewal discussions in liability classes. This webinar will explore what is meant by the term ‘social inflation’, the drivers of social inflation, why it’s different today compared to ten years ago, and what can be done to mitigate the impact of social inflation. Attendees will gain a better understanding of the causes and consequences of social inflation and how this can impact insurance renewals.
If you have an idea that you think would make a great blog post, podcast, or webinar, we’d love to hear it! You can fill out the PLUS Content Idea form and we’ll get in touch with you about which content channel would be best.