The Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS) has selected 10 members for the 2020 Diversity Leadership & Mentoring Program (LAMP) cohort.
LAMP is a one-year leadership development training program for PLUS members from diverse and traditionally under-represented groups within the professional liability insurance industry. The curriculum focuses on leadership coaching and includes matching participants with senior-level PLUS members who have agreed to serve as mentors throughout the program.
PLUS sponsors the cohort’s involvement in signature PLUS events including the PLUS Conference and national Symposia as well PLUS educational offerings and RPLU designation exams. The 2020 cohort will begin their program experience at the PLUS Conference November 11-13, 2019 in Washington D.C.
“This fourth cohort continues PLUS’s efforts to support professionals with a variety of backgrounds and integrate them more deeply into PLUS and the professional liability industry. Past participants in this program not only gained valuable new skills and connections, but many now have active roles in PLUS as volunteers, leaders, and subject matter experts. We anticipate that continued involvement from this year’s outstanding cohort,” said PLUS Executive Director Robbie Thompson.
The 2020 cohort includes:
- Sherry Chen, Underwriter, Liberty Mutual Canada – Toronto, Canada
- Nicole Ferguson, National Accounts Manager, McGowan Program Administrators – Framingham, MA
- Christopher Fortson, RPLU, Lead Associate/Broker, Willis Towers Watson – Boston, MA
- Alex Munguia, Claims Director, Lancer Claims Services – Orange, CA
- Binh Nguyen, Senior Account Executive, Breckenridge Insurance Services LLC – Irving, TX
- Chris Nwabueze, Associate Attorney, Chasnoff Mungia Pepping & Stribling, PLLC – San Antonio, TX
- Venecia Snaith, Lead Senior Underwriter, Ullico Casualty Group Inc. – Silver Spring, MD
- Eva Sullivan, Senior Associate, Wood Smith Henning & Berman LLP – New York, NY
- Keana Thompson, Underwriting Director, CNA – Chicago, IL
- Eric Tu, Senior Underwriter, AXIS – Toronto, Canada
Further details on the program can be found on the PLUS website here.