If you’ve been asking yourself “What’s next?” in terms of your career AND you are an insurance professional, we have just the solution for you!
In June & July 2018, PLUS will launch a four-part, career advancement webinar series that will cover the “soft skills” needed to be successful in the industry including:
- Investing in Yourself, Your Brand, and Your Network
with Tony Chimera, SVP Human Resources, Sompo International
- Communicating More Effectively
with Jennifer McNally, CEO, Communication Counts, LLC
- Becoming a Better Speaker
with Bart Shachnow, CFP®,CLU, ChFC, CPCU, Sales Performance Director, Zurich
- Realizing Your Inner Leader
with Denise Lewis, Early Talent Programs Manager, USI
Click here for full details on the webinar series including dates, topics and speakers.
About Future PLUS
Future PLUS is the young professionals’ group at PLUS, for members aged 35 or younger. During Q1 of this year, a task force comprised of Future PLUS member volunteers put together the series after surveying the young professional membership for topics of relevance, determining key takeaways, and sourcing speakers from within and outside the industry.
“The role of the modern insurance professional is increasingly dynamic,” says Austin Bockwinkel, Director, Financial & Professional Risk at HAUSER and task force lead. “Development of a personal brand, communication and presentation skills, and leadership ability is prerequisite to every career advancement. In an environment where technical competence is expected, soft skills often define success.”
Bockwinkel serves on the Future PLUS Leadership Committee, a group charged with expanding and improving PLUS’ traditional education, information and networking offerings to enhance the appeal and relevance of PLUS to new generations of professionals. The committee oversees multiple task forces that work on short-term projects throughout the year. Task forces are comprised of young professional members who “raise their hand” to participate for the duration of the project.
Webinar Series Task Force Volunteers:
- Austin Bockwinkel, Director, Financial & Professional Risk, HAUSER
- John Cisek, Associate Broker, RT Specialty, LLC
- Brittany Cosgrove, Underwriter, Executive Liability, Arch Insurance Group
- Lauren Culp, MPS – Account Manager, USI Southwest
- Nicole Curtis, Account Executive, Moreton & Company
- Allison Fernandez, Executive Liability Underwriter, The Hartford
- Javier Gonzalez, Executive Vice President of Sales, Axis Insurance Services LLC
- Mirela Markovic, Account Manager, Alliant Insurance Services, Inc.
- Joe Turek, Executive Underwriter, Chubb
- Garett Utterback, Program Specialist, Nautilus Insurance Group
For more information about the webinar series or getting involved in Future PLUS, please contact Tara Owens, PLUS Director of Engagement.