The Professional Liability Underwriting Society recently held its Symposium Series in New York at the Marriott Marquis Times Square. This annual event this year consisted of four educational events over the course of 3 days focusing on D&O, Cyber, Employment Practices Liability, and Transactional Risk.
This year’s Symposium Series was the largest PLUS event ever with over 2,100 PLUS members in attendance across the 4 events. Attendees came from 38 states and more than 14 countries.
- With almost 1,100 in attendance, this year’s D&O Symposium was the largest since 2016.
- The Cyber Symposium sold out the week before the event with over 500 attendees.
- Nearly 300 attendees attended the Transactional Risk Symposium, making it PLUS’s largest Transactional Risk.
- The EPL Symposium made its debut and exceeded registration goals with over 235 attendees.
The Symposium Series events kicked off with Employment Practices Liability Symposium and Transactional Risk Symposium on Feb. 13th. Each half-day event focused on their professional lines with 3 sessions presented by industry thought leaders.
- EPL Symposium had sessions discussing EPLI trends in the US, the views of claim, underwriting, and actuarial professionals, and new EPL Strategies for resolving claims.
- Transactional Risk Symposium discussed an update of current R&W claim metrics, claim trends, and coverage innovation.
The Symposium Series continued the following days on February 14 & 15 with the Cyber Symposium and D&O Symposium.
- Attendees at the Cyber Symposium enjoyed thought-provoking sessions on the state of the current cyber market, liability claims, reinsurer perspective, technology, and more!
- The D&O Symposium sessions discussed updates on the D&O market and the Dela-war, underwriting risks, and more! The D&O Symposium also featured a keynote session on Mediating the Hydra-Headed Class Action and Derivative Case with Judge Layn Phillips, and special keynote luncheon with Carla Harris.
Attendees of these longer events had the opportunity to earn CE/CLE Credits and attend networking opportunities, including shared networking receptions. All Cyber and D&O sessions area also available on demand to members who attended. They can be viewed on the member dashboard at plusweb.org.
Event photos have been uploaded on Facebook. View, download, or share here.
During the second day of the D&O Symposium, PLUS announced its newest designation, the Executive Lines Professional Liability Practitioner (ExecPLP). This designation is designed to equip industry professionals with essential education on professional liability insurance, and dives deep into public, financial, and private/non-profit D&O liability insurance as well as other lines that often overlap with directors’ and officers’ liability.
PLUS then announced the new D&O University that will be held on April 11-12. Attending the D&O University puts individuals one step closer to earning their ExecPLP designation. Like PLUS’s other Universities, the D&O University provides strong foundational knowledge about D&O underwriting, policies, liability, claims and trends and are taught by the industries most experienced and knowledgeable experts.
The PLUS Symposium Series has also been covered in various media sources:
- Wall Street Journal
- Business Insurance
- AM Best
Don’t miss the next PLUS Symposium – Healthcare & MedPL in Dallas, TX on April 17-19.
Can’t make that event, check out all upcoming PLUS events!
Leave a Reply