The PLUS Think Tanks are a new volunteer role that provides PLUS staff with valuable insights on a variety of professional liability insurance markets. Think Tanks meets 2-3 times per year to provide ideas for the PLUS Symposium as well as the other PLUS content channels including webinars, the PLUS Journal Blog, and podcasts. During the PLUS Cyber Think Tank call in August, the group discussed several topics and areas of interest for professional liability practitioners including:
- Artificial intelligence (AI) and how can cyber handle this complex gathering of data and the legal and regulatory implications.
- The continued evolution of privacy rules, regulations, and laws
- Business continuity/business interruption
- A discussion on how the industry markets a product – what was said about the value of the product vs the actual value of the product
- The investment in cyber – risk capital vs traditional capital
- Exclusions including the war exclusion and wrongful collection
- The intersection of tech E&O and cyber
- The evolution of vendors, contracts, and third-party risk
- The future of cyber underwriting and brokering
- Actuary challenges with cyber
- Lessons learned from MOVEit vs Solarwinds
- Media coverage
- An update on the crypto market
- Hearing from CISOs to understand what they are thinking of, what they are concerned with, and how different types of CISOs (small company, large company, various industries) approach the same kinds of risks
- The intersection of cyber and D&O
PLUS would like to thank the Cyber Think Tank members for sharing their time and expertise with PLUS.
- Angie Biancalana, CPLP, RPLU+, Great American Insurance Group
- Rebecca Bole, CyberCube
- Jessica Centeno, CPLP, RPLU, Lockton
- Deuayne Crawford, RPLU, AXA XL
- Anthony Dolce, RPLU, The Hartford
- Emy Donavan, Boost Insurance
- Elissa Doroff, Mosaic Insurance
- Peter Hedberg, RPLU, Corvus Insurance
- Nadia Hoyte, USI
- Matt Prevost, Chubb
- Tracey Vispoli, Berkley Cyber Risk Solutions
Do you have a Cyber-related content idea that you would like considered for the PLUS content channels? If so, you can complete the PLUS Content Idea form here.
Do not forget to register for the PLUS Cyber Symposium taking place March 5th – 6th in New York. You can find more information and register here.