The PLUS Think Tanks are a new volunteer role that provides PLUS staff with valuable insights on a variety of professional liability insurance markets. Think Tanks meets 2-3 times per year to provide ideas for the PLUS Symposium as well as the other PLUS content channels including webinars, the PLUS Journal Blog, and podcasts. During the PLUS EPL Think Tank call in August, the group discussed several topics and areas of interest for professional liability practitioners including:
- The Bermuda EPLI Market
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and the impacts on EPL
- A regulatory update including implications of the NLRB, the Private Attorneys General Act (PAGA) and jurisdictional differences particularly in California.
- Examining the “S” in ESG
- The return to the office and the impact on accommodations
- Whistleblower statutes and evolving laws
- How the industry can get clients to use risk management tools
- The impact of severity and social inflation on EPLI
- Emerging topics including non-compete agreements, BIPA evolution and the overlap with cyber/privacy, the expansion of protection of religious accommodation, pay equity, first amendment and discrimination issues
PLUS would like to thank the EPL Think Tank members for sharing their time and expertise with PLUS.
- Kathy Arp, RPLU, Skyward Specialty Insurance
- Laurie Banez, Canopius Group
- Caroline Berdzik, Goldberg Segalla LLP
- Thomas Herendeen, Travelers
- Joseph Kelly, Sompo International
- Laura Lapidus, CNA
- Kimberly Lewis, RPLU, Argo Insurance
- Samantha Manfredini, AON
- Scott Schuitema, Philadelphia Insurance Companies
Do you have an EPL-related content idea that you would like considered for the PLUS content channels? If so, you can complete the PLUS Content Idea form here.
Do not forget to register for the PLUS EPL Symposium taking place March 4th in New York. You can find more information and register here.